Monday, March 7, 2016

Journal Jottings of a Maine Mama: March 7, 2016

CLOCK READS
7:45am

WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS
The skies are an overcast light gray. Snow flurries switching to rain may fall later this morning. Or not.

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW and IN THE GARDEN
It's that time of year where everything on the ground is dull and brown, frozen by early morning, muddy by afternoon. The old fallen snow is dirty. But the trees are waking up again!

WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW and AROUND THE HOUSE
The washer is making a terrible racket with it washes. Wonder if something is caught in the agitator? It's hard to get in there with a full load of laundry and wash. But it still agitates...
TODAY'S TO DO

  • Laundry
  • Vaccum
  • Sweep and Mop
  • Jazz Band
  • Homeschool
  • Bake Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
  • Pick up Flour

DINNER MENU

  • Boston Baked Beans, Hot Dogs and Cole Slaw

WHAT'S ON TV
I'll be clicking on CBS.com to watch Friday's "Amazing Race" later on when my homeschool, housework and errand-running is finished.

FROM THE CRAFT BASKET
Until I get to Hobby Lobby, my anniversary temperature blanket is on a stand-still. I ran out of deep purple (50s) and can't quite finish up November 2015. But it's just over half complete now! I'm estimating that it will be 9.5 feet long x 6 feet wide with a simple border, and use about 30 skeins of yarn. In the meantime, I'll catch up on my daughter's rainbow temperature afghan as I'm 5 days behind, and make a few quick towel holders for the camper.


As you can see, October and November brought about a BIG temperature shift last fall. Suddenly we went from 60s-80s to 30s-50s.

I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays), Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Lunamon Design (Wednesdays).

PAGE TURNER
I guess I'll have to get back to you on this one. I did get to the library and borrow a paperback, but for the life of me I can't remember the title right now. It's in the van still.

A BLESSING
A loving, caring, hardworking husband. Fun, unique kids. Supportive family and friends near and far. Furry and feathered friends. 

DEVOTIONAL and INSPIRATION
Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

HHM

I'm linking up to The Simple Woman's Daybook and Happy Homemaker are Mondays.


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad spring is on it's way! Going to reach 70 F here today, but will be rainy most of the week.

    Your blanket looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if it were 70 we would be swimming and kayaking! LOL I'm just looking forward to 50s! We can shed coats and wear flip flops again.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing that you have 2 blankets on the go. The one pictured looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have 3! I promised my step-daughter one as well and she was next in line after my oldest. The 3 boys now have blankets and the rainbow temperature is my daughter's. Oops!

      Delete
  3. Like you cannot wait for spring, so fed up with this cold. Love the colours of your blanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very fortunate that this winter has not been particularly cold and snowy. I certainly needed a break after last winter! But I am anxious for warmer weather, fishing again, and now going boondocking in our new-to-us camper!

      Delete
  4. wow that was a temperature drop wasn't it - I can't wait to see what it all looks like mapped out in different colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's quite obvious that fall had arrived in mid-October! We had enjoyed a long stretch of perfect temperatures. And really, winter has been mild as well. I'm onto December now! (This blanket goes from May 10, 2015, my wedding day, through May 9, 2016.)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!