Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: S'more Randoms


1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?

I love pumpkin! Would you believe I haven't had ANYTHING pumpkin this season? I have canned pumpkin puree in the cupboard, and 8-9 pie pumpkins ready to harvest from the garden. It would be so easy to bake a pie...

2.  "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld  

What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?

Losing weight. I've done well over the years, but I still have more to lose. I thought I would never get where I am now. Once my mind was set though (and the stressors of my life less), I was able to at least get a jump start on the journey.

3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?

Can anyone really consider Maine's state flower a flower?


Why yes - a pine cone is our state flower! But I think I would chose a ladyslipper, unique, interesting, beautiful, and found in the woods of Maine. Maine even protects this flower from being picked.

Photo Source


4. What have you lost interest in recently?

Facebook. I hop on to look at what's happening in my bible journaling groups and share some quick photos, but the political debates, negativity and drama can be too much (even though I have purged my friends from 268 down to 88).


5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?

Oh, gosh. I don't know. I don't really keep up with these things. I do listen to the radio while driving, but half the time I don't know the name of the singer or just how popular they are.

6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?

What's not to love? Ooey gooey marshmallows with melty milk chocolate on a graham cracker while enjoying friends and family around a crackling fire on a cool evening under the stars. It's always on our bucket list!

7. Your favorite small town? Why?

North Conway, New Hampshire. It bustles in the summertime and I'm not sure I would like that, but it's such a fun, small town nestled near the beautiful White Mountains, surrounded by lakes and hikes, with tax-free shopping (if I never get the urge to do any) and unique eateries (like the candy shop).

Photo Source

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Photo Source

Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, love that purple sweatshirt! I'm not on Facebook, but it sounds a little scary to purge your friends. I think our son 'friended' absolutely everyone on the planet when he first started on fb. I saw everyone knowing everyone else's business and it freaked me out. I'm sure you need to know that? Personally, I like your state flower, although the lady slipper is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually a fan of your state flower, and it feels appropriate. The pines are amazing in the northeast! I spend more time on Instagram now than facebook. It's just pretty pictures and no real drama : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Facebook. I'm determined to not be drawn into all the drama. My settings are pretty strict.
    I like one s'more. After that it's just too rich for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!