Monday, July 6, 2015

Simple Happy Homemaker Daybook: Journal of a SAHM

The Clock Reads...
6:30pm

Weather in My Neck of the Woods 
Bright, warm sun with fluffy white clouds. A little breeze.


In the Garden
Snow peas, wax beans and cucumber sprouts are growing strong. Pole beans have flowered. Pumpkins are vining. Considering another application of stinky organic fertilizer...

Looking Around the House
Carpet needs vacuuming. Clean laundry needs putting away. Dirty dishes need washing. But everyone is contentedly tired from a "lazy" summer day.

Menu for this Week
Oh. Um. Hmm. I'll get back to you...Steak from the grill tonight with garlic mashed potatoes and peas and carrots. I haven't thought about tomorrow yet.

What's on my TV Today 
Not a thing. Who has time?

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
I'm struggling with a hanging hand towel pattern. I'm persistent though!

I'm Reading
Not Even Dark Chocolate

Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful

I'm Wondering
How much my sunburn will hurt in the morning?

Devotional
A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. (Proverbs 18:7)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you got sunburned. Hope it doesn't hurt too much. There is something to lazy days, right? I try to be lenient with myself on the real hot days, or the real rainy days, or the really nice days when it's too nice to do work . . . you get my drift. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we DO need to be lenient with ourselves! It's important to take care of ourselves spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically...and sometimes that means "lazy" times.

      Delete
  2. Your garden sounds scrumptious. I just love this time of year! That book sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to check it out. Beautiful photo. Hope your sunburn heals really fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing has been harvested, but I have hopes that FINALLY the garden is growing well and we'll get some veggies at the end of the season. The book? It's interesting, but a warning: There's a lot of swearing in it!

      Delete
  3. Mmm... snow peas and cukes... makes me want to head to the Farmer's Market! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't Farmer's Markets great? I hope you've had a great week thus far too!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I can just feel the sort of summer day you had. Makes me smile because we have yet to really get to these days. Hay is done though so it will be soon! :)
    Hope you have a great week! and your sunburn doesn't hurt too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you get a FEW of those days because we should all have some! I know you're SUPER busy, but hopefully soon you can relax!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!