Sunday, July 12, 2015

Creative Crochet: More Cell Phone Cozies

I'm really not avoiding my son's Rugged Ripples blanket...OK, maybe somewhat. The monotony of the same stitches and colors over and over, row and row, has gotten boring. It's hard to bring along an almost completed oversized twin afghan in a craft bag when I'm out and about too. Most of my crocheting gets done outside the house, watching the kids swim, relaxing at the library, waiting at doctor's offices. I will get back to his blanket, but for now there are so many other projects catching my attention. 

Do you ever feel like there's never enough time for all those WONDERFUL projects you see on Pinterest?

I had requests for cell phone cases this past weekend from my kiddos. Sitting around a campfire, was a perfect time for creating some quick projects. Cate and Shea wanted cozies in the same yarn and buttons. We're all really liking this yarn.


Then my son Sam wanted one for his phone. I didn't have a lot of yarn to chose from during our camping trip, but I had brought along some blue and white cotton yarn to make a hanging hand towel and he liked it. I never did get to the hand towel...


And I've been wanting to make another cozy for my phone, one with super bulky, soft yarn for protection from drops. Hopefully. This project with super bulky yarn and a 9mm hook crochets up FAST!


Wanting to make a great cozy for a cell phone? You can find the pattern here.


I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays)Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), The Philosopher's Wife (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), Linda's Crafty Corner (Wednesdays), Lunamon Design (Wednesdays), and Natural Suburbia (Fridays).

Get hooked! What are you creating?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I find it very warm these days to be working on my baby blanket... I have opted for grandma's shawl. It is still quite small. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My son's blanket covers me! It's not quite wide enough though. I'm thinking about 18 inches and it'll be completed. Come fall it'll be perfect for a cozy blanket AND crochet project!

      Delete
  2. The phone cozies look great - and are perfect for some instant gratification. I found me some, too, this week in making a few fun dishcloths. Sometimes the flow of creative juices need that kind of break. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! And the bigger projects don't fit in my basket to bring along to the lake or library or doctor's offices very well. My son's blanket would need a LARGE, clumsy bag to bring along!

      Delete
  3. They all look wonderful and I think it's great that your knitting is so much in demand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carie! I love making things for others!

      Delete
  4. Great phone cosies. I think they are so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing at my link up last week.
    You are welcome to join in tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!