Sunday, July 26, 2015

Creative Crochet: Dish or Wash Cloths

I've been whipping up dish or wash cloths in a variety of patterns and sizes from 100% cotton yarn in white, salmon pink and moss green. Quick, simple and satisfying projects!

These came from the same website, Petals to Picots, and are 7 inches square. I haven't blocked them...and probably won't. They're for our use, not gifts. My plan is to use them for dinner napkins (as we try to be "green" around here and not use many paper products).

Pattern

Pattern

Pattern

Pattern

I'm still finishing up this one, but I love the pattern and size from Snappy Tots. It's 9 inches square and perfect for a wash cloth. (Dad will be happy to have a "proper" wash cloth the next time he visits.) I still have enough yarn left to make one more of these, maybe two.

Pattern

Do you know about the Red Heart Yarns website? I've been pinning a lot of great (free) patterns from the website. Lots of inspiration! I think I need more yarn...


I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays)Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), The Philosopher's Wife (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays)Lunamon Design (Wednesdays), and Natural Suburbia (Fridays).

Get hooked! What are you creating?

11 comments:

  1. Jessy, I really enjoy crocheting dish/washcloths - probably because they are so satisfying to whip up fairly quickly. What a great idea to use them as napkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becki! I've been completing a lot of quick, satisfying projects lately, but I'm leaning towards 1) finishing my son's blanket finally and 2) crocheting up me a poncho for the cooler months coming up. I just need to find that right color for it...

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessy. These washcloths look fab! Did you use cotton? They'd make great xmas pressies too (lucy blossom's got me thinking of xmas now!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% cotton. Soft. Washable. I did find a new store that has a WONDERFUL selection of cottons for a decent price. I might have to stock up! I'm already thinking of Christmas gifts too...

      Delete
  3. Lovely cloths, such a nice assortment of colors and stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to try different patterns and stitches while using the same 3 cotton colors. And since posting I have tried another pattern which I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cloths that will come in very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! My Dad will have proper washcloths the next time he visits! LOL

      Delete
  6. I've knitted dishcloths but never crocheted them, but having seen the snappy tots pattern I might have to give it a whirl, isn't it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great, simply pattern with a beautiful cloth! (Weaving in all those ends is a...frustration...but worth it for the colors.)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for joining my link party last week. You are welcome to join in this week too. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!