Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Volume 219

Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

1. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?
Hmmm. Stop teasing your sister! I have 3 younger sisters, but the one closest to me did get a little bit of teasing growing up. I find myself saying it to my youngest son. He's at "that age".

2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Growing up on an island off the coast of Maine there can only be one scent: the strong briny smell of the Atlantic Ocean.

3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
Mom read to us early on. I especially remember the Lad series and Brighty of the Grand Canyon, all I have now in my bookcase. 

4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70's fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men...flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints...what say you? 

LOL I'm SO not trendy! No one would say I was fashionable. A jumpsuit? No way! Casual, but not too frumpy! A comfortable pair of jeans, a t-shirt...and flip flops. I'm all set!

5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher  you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
As a teacher I know educating is NOT an easy job. You really have to LOVE it! I'd like to say that I grew up with that one special teacher that made a difference, but I can't. Not that I had bad teachers, just never that special meaningful connection with one.


From Facebook

6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
A few random magnets. A towel hanging off the handle.

7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
Only recently did I find out another royal baby was coming...but such a classic name though! Beautiful! Scale? How about a 3? I clicked on an article announcing the birth on Yahoo!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Happy Hodgepodging!

6 comments:

  1. So nice to learn a little more about you. :-) Reading with my mom is one of my favorites as well and crafting with her. Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up on an island off the coast sounds romantic : ) I don't know if that's how you'd describe it, but it sounds that way. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be nearer the sea. Happy Mother's day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty awesome place to grow up and live...although seeing a movie can be a challenge unless you don't mind a road trip! LOL

      Delete
  4. I love Maine. I went there several years ago and stayed in Portland for about a week and did alot of touring. I so want to move there it isn't even funny. However, my husband and kids refuse because they don't like the cold as much as I do. Thanks for sharing Happy Mother's Day

    @TrinaO'Neil from
    Walking My Own Path

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there are some winters where I wouldn't blame them about the cold. This winter was frigid for a number of weeks..But there is something special about the changing of seasons and appreciating each one. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!