Monday, May 11, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook: May 11, 2015

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
The sky is an overcast steel gray. Light sprinkles of cool rain fall gently. An occasional soft breeze rustles the evergreens and emerging buds on the deciduous trees.

I AM THINKING
My beautifully simple wedding was just yesterday, and I continue to reminisce about those hours with my new husband, our kids and family. 

I AM THANKFUL
For a husband who is hard-working, family-oriented, loving and caring, humorous, and Godly. For kids who are healthy, helpful, and a bit zany at times. For family and friends who support me with listening ears, kind thoughts and cold tea.

I AM WEARING
Warm, cozy black sweats (with cargo pockets), a bright green Starter T-shirt and fuzzy blue, white and purple socks. Comfort wear for a day of catching up on housework!

I AM CREATING
I'm continuing to crochet a navy blue, bright red and snow white "ripple" blanket for my oldest son. It's a project that will take some time to complete, but I am thinking about taking a break to make some cute crochet keychains to add to my pile of creations to sell or give away as gifts.

I AM GOING
In 4 days, my husband and I will be driving to the mountains for our honeymoon. I'm looking forward to our special time together, making new memories, hiking to waterfalls, ascending the highest peak in New England, eating at restaurants...and enjoying an in-room jacuzzi.

I AM READING
I have almost finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth, the 2nd book in the Divergent series my daughter recommended. We hope to borrow Allegiant from the library.

IN MY GARDEN
With the help of my kids, Cati and Sam, our Square Foot vegetable garden is planted. Grow, veggies, grow! We're keeping it simple this year, planting only sugar pie pumpkins, sweet peas, Contender beans, Parisienne carrots, and pickling cucumbers.


IN MY KITCHEN
Sunday - Wedding Reception Cook-out
Monday - Ziti with spaghetti sauce and meatballs and fresh veggie sticks
Tuesday -  Leftovers from wedding
Wednesday - Fast Food (During Move)
Thursday - Baked Whole Chicken with rice pilaf and peas
Friday - Restaurant
Saturday - Restaurant

QUOTE FOR THE DAY

FROM THE BOARD ROOM (PINTEREST)
Would you like to see my ever-growing Pinterest crochet board? Click here! There's never enough time in the day to crochet!

 To read more Daybook posts or learn how to participate, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your wedding! Hmmm keychains.... can't wait to see which ones you create!! Enjoy your honeymoon!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!