Thursday, April 2, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 26 - The One with An Evening Walk

Photo Source
IT'S ALMOST HERE
Is it really APRIL already? My wedding is less than 6 weeks away! But we could get married anytime now...We have our license. And a pastor. And our witnesses. And the rings. And a place. Everything is falling into place! I'm super giddy about starting my forever with Tom. Now, if only I could find a dress...

STEP-BY-STEP
With sunset happening later and later, I've started walking with Rosie and Winnie, our dogs, after dinner, and sometimes Sam bikes with us. It's my favorite time to walk, to help me relax before settling down for the night after my busy days. The road is a muddy ol' mess right now, but my walks have been refreshing, and it's so nice to get out again after a looonnngg winter!


SCHOOL IS WINDING DOWN
It's definitely a wrap-up week for Cate! She has completed Grammar and Writing, Earth Science, Ancient History AND Pre-algebra for the year! What's left? She'll be working on her Maine Studies and reading the 2nd volume of Story of the World (Middle Ages), all of which she's already got a GREAT start on. She's had an amazingly focused year!


Sam's science this week was making Lego RC boats and cars using Lego Technic motors. He spent a lot of time trying out different designs, testing the boats in the bathtub and the cars on the carpet and linoleum. Unfortunately, I think he burned out one of the motors...


HOME ALONE
It's just me and my oldest son this coming week. Cati and Sam are spending time with Grandpa and Nannie Lobster, cousins Noodle and Nugget, and their doting aunties. Being 16, Jake will be off to school days and doing his "stuff" evenings. What will I do?


As always, special thanks to these bloggers for their weekly wrap-ups:
 photo 337a3ef2-b881-48f4-8a2c-9c69e457cb5b_zps8b6152cf.pngHomegrown LearnersWeird Unsocialized HomeschoolersHip Homeschool Moms

Happy Homeschooling!

9 comments:

  1. Your happiness just exudes from your every word. Many happy blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's AMAZING how things can change in 2 years!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Phyllis; you sound happy with life. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Im popping over from the Weekly Wrap Up :) What a lovely positive blog post! You put a smile on my face reading it and advance congrats on your upcoming wedding! Happy Easter to you and your family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited for you Jessy! I hope you have a wonderful Easter and great week ahead. Can't wait to see those wedding pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Jessy - you're getting married so soon! I'm so pleased for you. :-) Good luck with the final preparations.

    I hope you're having a lovely Easter. Love Sam's Minecraft hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that you are so happy!! I'm sure you'll find the perfect dress in no time! Might I suggest looking for one this week while you are all alone?! I'm also sure that you will find plenty of things to keep you occupied while everyone is away!! I hope you all had a happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!