Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Egg-cellent!

1. In honor of the date...when were you last sent on a 'fool's errand'?

I always try to look on the positive side, even if the errands turns out a "wash". I don't remember my last "fool's errand". Every experience is a chance for growth, for laughs, for learning.

2. Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh's friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit...which of these 'famous' rabbits can you best relate to right now?

Energizer! Between house responsibilities, homeschooling, hobbies and errands, trying to do some decluttering and organizing, and getting the kids ready for a week with family, I've been GOING and GOING.


Photo Source

3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Explain.

I'm a planner. I rarely scramble to get something done. It's been a while and I just can't think of something right this sec...So, maybe I'm scrambling to find an answer for this question!

4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why?

I love my daughter with all my heart, but her 3am cell phone alarm with Dr. Who "chimes" HAS. GOT. TO. GO! Why 3am? She says she wants to get up early to get her school done when the house is quiet. The problem? The alarm doesn't wake HER up! And just to make sure she doesn't sleep in, she has the alarm set for 4am and 5am...and 6am too. Guess who it DOES wake up? 

5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg...which have you done most recently?

All of the above in the last couple of days! I'm reading River Talk, about a Maine town near a paper mill, that's a great read. I broke a glass bottle in the utility room during my decluttering and reorganizing. I hope to have the room looking spiffy by the end of next week. What a chore! My fiance and I are always telling each other jokes, making the other laugh...or sometimes shake our heads. And I had to throw away a cracked duck's egg from the fridge. Life is all that it's "cracked up to be"! 


Photo Source
 

6. What's your favorite part of a typical weekend? Tell us why that's so.

Sunday! We all need a day of rest, right? I try to get all my household responsibilities, laundry, vacuuming, scrubbing toilets, on Saturday, then take Sunday for blogging, catching up on my Hulu shows, reading, and crocheting. Or spending time with my Tom and the kids.

7. What's something I'd find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book I mean!

Well, there's some board games and a red-haired Cabbage Patch doll from the '80s, some DVDs of my favorite shows and a Mason jar of buttons, a few picture frames and a glass clock my sisters gave me 20-odd years ago, and a big green plastic Halloween pumpkin that I throw loose change in.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Photo Source

Happy Hodgepodging!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I am totally opposite: I do all that work on Sunday so I can play on Saturdays. Funny how people do things so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have to comandeer that phone alarm! I try to keep Sunday free from household chores, other than meals. We normally eat breakfast out that day though, and often have an early dinner, no lunch so even meals are easier. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!