Thursday, October 30, 2014

Random 5 on Friday: Rambles from the Livingroom

The Pebble Pond

1. It's not Friday. Does it matter? I'm getting a jump-start, anticipating busyness on Friday, being Halloween and all. Not that Halloween is a big celebration here. We'll enjoy some themed games at the Rec Center, a magic show (we've seen numerous times) and a couple of Dunkin' Donuts and cider. After, we'll walk around town, trick or treatin' at a few houses with the rest of the community kids. 2 hours of sugar-bounciness!

2. Today, I'm taking a break after homeschooling and taxiing to band practice and housework, sitting on my brown, squishy sectional, listening to the kids play Minecraft a few feet away. Perhaps they could review volcano types by building them in a Minecraft world? Learning can happen in the most creative places!

3. Out the livingroom's big bay window, between the withering houseplants, the sun is trying to pop out. I really should water my plants more often! It's been an overcast day, warm for almost November. But they're saying snow this weekend...

4. The first few LIGHT snow showers are exciting, beautiful, a sign of the changing seasons. Come February we'll all be frustrated with the cold and the snow piled up to the bottom the bay window, hoping Mud Season will show up sooner rather than later.

5. But for now, I'll enjoy the remaining brown leaves "raining" down onto the still green grass (that needs mowing I see), happy, contented video gamers working together to conquer Creepers (I think)...and a long, hot shower (that I woke up too late for this morning).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!