Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Get Your Happy On

 

1. When I look at the sky I feel...

...just how small, minuscule really, we are, and marvel at all the sky offers; seasons, weather, air.


2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this?

Ha! Ha! Never, ever.

3. What scent makes you think of home?

As soon as I drive over the bridge to the island (where I grew up) and smell the pungent odor of briny "mud flats" at low tide I think, "I'm hoommme!"


4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection?

Over the last 18 months, more than I have wanted. My sudden, unexpected divorce really threw me for a loop and I spent a lot of time in self-reflection. The good news? I'm in a MUCH happier place now!

5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream?

More ice cream!

6. What might your autobiography be called?

A Great Balancing Act? Triumph Over Trials?

7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?

Airplanes! Crowded seats, recirculated air, cramped bathrooms and limited movement aren't my idea of relaxed travel. I much prefer our own vehicle. We can spread out, bring entertainment and snacks, stop when we need to stretch, and travel on our own time frame (usually).

8.  Insert your own random thought here.


4 comments:

  1. That first picture is stunning! All your photos actually, but especially that one. I've got my happy on today : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs HAPPY! Thanks so much Joyce!

      Delete
  2. Those are beautiful photos. I am always taking pictures of the sky! I see your in Maine...I so want to visit there someday. Divorce is not easy, I have lived through one and I'm happy to hear you are in a better place right now. I really dislike the bathrooms on the plane and having to walk down that narrow isle. I'm working hard at trying to get my happy on. It can be a long journey. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Debby! Stay happy! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!