Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up: The One Where I'm HOME ALONE! (8/18-8/24)

In MY Life This Week...

I wasn't going to do a weekly wrap-up this week. Why bother? I was home alone!

Yes! Home alone!

On Monday I met my sister 1/2 way between here and the island. We had burgers and fries at Red Robin, and then Saplings grabbed their packed bags and jumped into her vehicle and away they went. I'll be heading down to the island tomorrow, but I've been without kids for 5 days. 5 very quiet, very calm...very boring days!

It was just me...and the dog, cat, hamster, fish, chickens, and ducks.

Who would've thought I would miss the constant messes and question-after-question and tripping over toys! Not me! But I certainly didn't miss the dirty laundry or dishes! ::wink::

I wanted to share my week in a collage because I did do some interesting things. Sort of. ::laugh:: I've never participated in Collage Friday at Homegrown Learners before, but all those collages I've been seeing have been kinda cool. (Thanks, Karen from HomeSchool Girls, for the suggestion of an on-line collage making program!) And, well, I had a lot of FREE TIME on my hands this week to try something new. ::wink::

So, here's a wrap-up of my week in pictures!


L. to R. and Top to Bottom: Harvesting Cucumbers from the Veggie Garden,
Hens (Speckles, Roadrunner, Rhodie, and Chee) Inspecting my Coop
Cleaning Job, Drinking Tea and Reading an Amish Romance Novel, Relaxing
in the Hammock Under theMaples, Making Freezer Meals for the Upcoming
Busy Days,A Mystery Flower from the Flower Garden, and my ALWAYS
Willing and Ready Walking Partner Rose

In Our Homeschool This Week

Now, the Saplings have been having a great time! White Pine made pickles with Nannie Lobster, using her garden cukes and a recipe from Grandpa Lobster's 90-year-old mother. Sugar Maple has been having sleepovers with her island friends and went horse back riding. And Balsam Fir has been playing video games and eating junk food. They've gone to the ocean to swim and explore the rocky coast, made cupcakes and gone out to restaurants. Pretty spoiled wouldn't you say? ::wink::

Back-to-School Countdown: 11 days!

Favorite Resource This WeekHomegrown LearnersScience SundayHip Homeschool Hop Button3Boys&aDog DEALS!Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked today! I love your collage.

    I'm jealous of the five days home alone -- whatever would I do with myself???

    Here's to a happy start of school in 11 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're starting back at the same time! I'm envious of you having 5 days to yourself! We can all do with that before school starts again. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog is so pretty and the chickens, are they Silver laced Wyandottes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome! You did a GREAT job! Love the collage. Love your hens and your Rose..she is beautiful. Even though it is just Kei and I, I miss her so much when she is gone. 5 days!!??? I would just melt into a puddle on the floor I think. :) Sounds like your "Saplings" are having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collage is great! I have had a quiet week mostly on my own too...my boys are off having last of the summer adventures so I am home alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you made great use of your FREE time.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really jealous of the cucumbers! I'm still getting odd shaped ones. We're counting down 11 days, too. Enjoy the last days of Maine summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the saplings are having such a good time! :-) I just LOVE your collage! The photos are all stunning-- I just love the one of the flowers and your chickens. :-) Now you need to pass along the info to me. I'd love to figure out how to do a collage like that. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PicMonkey, Lisa! It's very simple and quick to use. I think it took me less than 5 minutes to make this collage without knowing the program well. It's on-line and free!

      Delete
  9. Your first collage is beautius!!

    I know what I would do if I were home alone. Clean my house spotless then sit on the couch and watch it stay clean. lol

    So how do you do the little linky collage at the bottom. I've been meaning to ask and I finally remembered. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copy and paste blog hop buttons into HTML while editing a blog post, one after another with no spaces. (The end of one code and the beginning of another should be like this: ><.) I think go in and resize after the jpg or png and a space with: width="50" height="50" unless this is already there and then I just change the numbers. Each week I just copy and paste the previous weeks HTML codes into the new wrap-up so I don't have to search for the codes again.

      Delete
  10. It sounds like you and your kiddos had a great week! I'll bet your saplings are ready to sleep for a few days when they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool collage! But alas, I don't have a week with kiddos away visiting family, so I don't think I'll take time to figure it out right now. Sounds like a lovely, refreshing week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you enjoyed your week alone and got so much accomplished. I would love to have some homemade pickles. I have not had any in years. My Mom used to make them for us and all the cousins when we were growing up.
    On another note, my daughter is talking about taking on keeping up with her work in our journal also. I know it will be good for her, but I am having a time letting go. I suppose that is because I always want everything a certain way, just one of my lifehood pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A whole week alone??!! A few weeks ago , I had a weekend pretty much to myself. It was wonderful. I got so much accomplished. But after the first day or so, you do miss the noises, don't you? I find myself putting on a movie and turning on the radio just for background sound. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alone?! How cool is that?? I'm glad you had a good week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl ... I nominated you for the Liebster Award, Check it out here:
    http://littleadventures-als.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-honor.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!